Meal Modifications

  • If your child requires meal modifications due to an allergy or other medical condition, we will gladly make accommodations. To request such a modification, we ask that you please submit a medical professional's note to the school nurse stating the reason for the modification and the replacement requested (if applicable).

    The nurse will forward the medical professional's note to our cafeteria manager who will record the modification request in our system so the kitchen staff will implement the necessary changes.

    If the household feels that reasonable accommodations are not being met, they have the right to contact the school's 504 Coordinator and:
    • File a grievance if they believe a violation has occurred regarding the request for a reasonable modification;
    • Receive a prompt and equitable resolution of the grievance;
    • Request and participate in an impartial hearing to resolve their grievances;
    • Be represented by counsel at the hearing;
    • Examine the record; and
    • Receive notice of the final decision and a procedure for review, i.e., the right to appeal the hearing's decision.

    Procedural Safeguards

    How to file a program discrimination complaint