Public Access to Records
The Board of Education has designated District Clerk, Laura Smith, as the Records Access Officer who shall have the duty of District response to public requests for access to records. Ms. Smith is located in the District Office at the MS/HS, 26 Institute Street, Frewsburg, NY 14738. Ms. Smith's telephone number is 716-569-7041 and her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request for Public Access to Records
The Central Office is designated as the location where records shall be available for public inspection and copying. The District will accept requests for public access to records and produce records during all hours it is regularly open for business.
- The District requires that a request be made in writing.
- A request shall reasonably describe the record or records sought. Whenever possible a person requesting records should supply information regarding dates, file designations, or other information that may help to describe the records sought.
- The District requires a person requesting lists of names and addresses to provide a written certification that they will not use the lists of names and addresses for solicitation or fundraising purposes and will not sell, give, or otherwise make available the lists of name and addresses to any other person for the purpose of allowing that person to use the lists of names and addresses for solicitation or fundraising purposes. Please note that if an individual requsting this information fails to provide this certification, the Frewsburg Central School District will deny access to the names and addresses based on an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
Requests for Public Access to Records via E-mail
If the District has the capability to retrieve electronic records, it will provide such records electronically upon request.
Subject Matter List (Updated 4/22/2022)
Accident Reports – Student and Workers’ Compensation
Accounts Payable Records
Annual District Budgets
Annual Financial Reports
Appropriation and Expense Ledgers
Archival and Memorabilia
Asbestos Abatement Records
Bank Security and Journals
Bank Statements and Receipt Books
Basic Educational Data System (BEDS) Reports
Board of Education Minutes – Work Sessions, Regular and Special
Board of Education Minute Supplements
Bond Issue Information
Building Health Inspection Reports
Building Project Reports
Capital Outlay Project Records
Capital Improvements Project Records
Civil Service Records and Reports
District Educational Plan and Curriculum
Employee Contracts and Negotiations
Employee Earnings Reports
Extra-classroom Activities Fund Records
Federal Aid Records
Fire Drill Reports
Fire Inspection Reports
Health Insurance Records
Journals of Original Entry
Lead Testing in Water Results
Minutes of District Annual Meetings
Record of District Disbursements
Record of District Elections
Records of Special District Meetings
Regents Examination Records
Retirement and FICA Reports
Sales Tax Records
School Budget Records
School District Contracts
School Lunch Records
Social Security Reports
Standardized Test Scores (Group)
State Aid Records
State Education Reports
Student Driver Education Reports
Student Health Records
Student Records, Other
Tax Collection Records
Treasurer’s Reports and Receipts
There will be no fee charged for the following:
- Inspection of records;
- Search for records;
- Certification of documents;
- Copies of documents which have been printed or reproduced for distribution to the public.
The District will charge a fee of twenty-five cents ($.25) per photocopy not exceeding 9x14 inches except when a different fee is otherwise prescribed by statute.
The Frewsburg Central School District will respond to a request within five (5) business days of the receipt of a request. Should all or part of the request need to be denied, the Frewsburg Central School District will respond in the manner set forth by the rules and regulations stipulated by the Committee on Open Government. Further information is available on the website for the Committee on Open Government.
Any person denied access to records may appeal within thirty (30) days of a denial. Appeals should be directed to the following:
Mrs. Shelly O'Boyle
Frewsburg Central School District
PO Box 690
Frewsburg, NY 14738
Frewsburg Central School District Application for Public Access to Records